What is the Ampleforth Society?
The Ampleforth Society is Ampleforth in and beyond the Valley. It is more than just an alumni association. It is the worldwide community of all who have journeyed through Ampleforth as pupils, parents or friends and have absorbed the values of the Rule of St Benedict. The Ampleforth Society was established on 14 July 1875 and is registered under the Charities Act 1960 registration number 529626. A large proportion of the Society’s income is spent on providing bursaries.
The objectives of the Ampleforth Society are to promote the Catholic faith and to advance education by:
- Fostering relations between members and other persons associated with Ampleforth Abbey and Ampleforth College.
- Engaging in activities which support the Abbey and College and advance the education of the pupils attending the College.
Amongst our social media platforms, Ampleforth Global, allows you to network, rediscover old friends, and share your skills, knowledge and experience with the next generation of students in a safe environment wherever you now live.
The Society provides a unique range of ways to keep in touch with the College, valley and each other as you journey through life with some of the benefits listed below.
- The Ampleforth Society newsletter - published monthly, keeping you up to date with news, events and more!
- The Ampleforth Diary (download twice a year)
- The Ampleforth Journal (download)
- Ampleforth Global - our safe private networking and social platform
- Invitations to local, national and international reunions and events
- Invitations to formal and informal networking events
- Membership of Old Amplefordian sports clubs and societies
- Mentoring and career development and support
- Retreats, ethical and pastoral and spiritual support
If you are unsure whether you are already a member of the Ampleforth Society, or wish to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.